A new Call of Duty: Warzone update has been released via PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. It’s not a very major update, yet some COD fans have expressed their frustration on social media. As well as a few bug fixes that are neither here nor there, the update tweaked Katana mostly by buffing it. Some people are thrilled with this development, while others are not impressed.
According to the patch notes (which can be found below), the weapon’s damage has increased from 135 to 150. The range of standing charge has also been increased by 36.5 percent, while the range of crouching charge has been increased by 17 percent. There are quite a few buffs here, but their impact is slightly dampened by the loss of two percent of Move Speed.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the menu screen to flicker when attempting to join a friend or queue with a party.
- Fixed an issue with reload animations allowing certain Weapons to fire continuously.
- Fixed an issue causing Private Lobby hosts to crash.
- Fixed an issue causing the regular/Advanced UAV rewards from Big Game Bounty and [TOP SECRET] Contracts to not trigger if the player was in a vehicle or anti-air gun.
– Katana (VG) –
- Damage increased from 135 to 150
- Standing Charge Range increased by 36.5%
- Crouching Charge Range increased by 17%
- Move Speed decreased by 2%
Many players aren’t happy with this update, as noted. Some players are happy with the Katana’s buff, while others feel that other fixes and changes should have taken priority.
In one comment, the player said, “This week’s update was a buff to a melee weapon that rats already use in corners, and didn’t we nerf the melee for a reason back at the start of Warzone Pacific?” Another reply said, “Yes! Finally a katana buff. Thank you Raven Software for your great work on the most important stuff.”
Third, a sarcastic answer reads, “Yes, katana! It was the biggest problem in Warzone. Like, “Who cares cares about loadout freezes, buy station freezes, console instability, visual glitch, or rage hackers anyway?”.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tech news, reviews, and other information. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.