With the PS5 dominating sales charts in India, it’s obvious that more gamers have got their hands on Sony’s latest console than anticipated. Many IGN India readers in India reached out to me to confirm that their PS5 purchases from authorized sellers such as Flipkart and ShopAtSC were shipped without a warranty card. For assistance, buyers should contact Sony in these cases. We received this email from a representative of Sony.
Bought a PS5 in India Without a Warranty Card? Here’s How Sony Can Help
“In the very exceptional situation where warranty card may be missing from PS5 box, customer may click a picture of the serial number appearing on the product and share it along with copy of the invoice on Sony India’s official mail ID: [email protected] to avail the duplicate warranty card.”
This is a great move by Sony to ensure that no PS5 purchaser is left behind without any support. It actually encourages people to buy the console directly, rather than through the grey market. This is because even if the PS5 was purchased from an official channel and does not have a warranty card it will still come with a receipt and serial number that will guarantee you some type of support local and official if anything goes wrong.
This also means that if you purchased a PS5 outside India, or via grey, parallel channels, your chances of success are very slim. This is something to remember if you are considering this route. You can buy a PS5 in India by visiting the following stores.
If Restocks are available, where to buy a PS5 in India Officially with Warranty
- Flipkart – Rs. Flipkart – Rs. 49,990 (Disc) / Rs.
- ShopAtSC – Rs. 49,990 (Disc), / Rs. 49,990 (Disc) / Rs.
- Games The Shop – R. 49,990 (Disc), / Rs. 49,990 (Disc) / Rs.
- Amazon India – Rs. 49,990
- Vijay Sales – Rs. 49,990 (Disc), / Rs. 49,990 (Disc) / Rs.
- PrepaidGamerCard: Rs. 49,990 / R. 49,990 / Rs.
- Croma – Rs. 49,990 (Disc). / Rs. 49,990 (Disc) / Rs.
- GameLoot – Rs. 49,990 (Disc), / Rs. 49,990 (Disc) / Rs.
PS5 India Unit Warranty – How to Tell
- Import sticker: Every official PS5 sold here comes with an import sticker. This sticker includes information such as the import date, price, manufacturer and importer.
- BIS sticker: Every PS5 sold in India has a BIS sticker. BIS is India’s mandatory certification process. This is done to control the low-quality products flooding India and establish a minimum quality standard. The console was tested to make sure it is compatible with Indian standards.
- BIS sticker on power adapter: Much like the sticker at the back, the BIS sticker is also on the adapter. It indicates that the adapter has been tested to Indian standards.
- Like the PS4, the PS5 comes with a warranty card. It includes information such as the model number, serial number and expiry date. Although our console came without a dealer stamp when we bought it online, yours should come with one if you purchased it offline. Don’t panic if your PS5 was purchased online without a dealer stamp. Sony will still honor your warranty as long as you have the original bill.
PS5 India Unit – What’s in the Box?
- PS5 console
- DualSense controller
- Cable for power
- HDMI cable
- USB-C DualSense charging cables
- Safety guide
- Guide for a quick start
- All Sony Service Centres in India
- Warranty card
- PS5 stand with screw
When is the Next PS5 India Stock?
IGN India has been informed by sources that Sony still plans to restock its PS5 in August 2021. The date was originally set for the first week in August, but this has changed. We should expect an official announcement in the near future.